Adverse weather arrangements
In the event of severe weather conditions we may need to close the school. This would only occur in exceptional circumstances with consideration of the need to balance health and safety risks.
Landgate will always try to give you as much notice as possible should this happen.
Please find below useful information in relation to school procedures.
- Head of School/Chair of Governors will make the decision in terms of Health and Safety whether the School/College site will be open.
- Head of School will inform Transport Department.
Parents can obtain updated information by:-
- Checking the school website www.landgateschool.co.uk
- Listening to or checking local websites of Wish FM, Rock FM, Smooth FM or Real FM.
- Texting Service - Registering your mobile details with school will enable school to update you via text regarding any school closures.
School is very keen to update as many parents as possible via the texting service, therefore we would be grateful if you could contact school with your up-to-date mobile number.
Thank you for your cooperation, any queries please contact me in school.
Mrs K Claxton
Head of School