At Landgate School and College our aim is to support our young people in realising and reaching their potential. Careers guidance is the driving force behind improving the life chances of our young people.
Our approach to careers education, information, advice and guidance seeks to provide high-quality guidance and development opportunities from learners’ individual starting points to support them in making informed decisions about their future and Life after Landgate.
Meet our Careers Team
Telephone: 01942 776688
Our careers provision is based on the Gatsby Benchmarks as recommended in the DfE’s Careers Strategy (December 2017) and the Statutory Guidance for Careers (January 2018). The 8 benchmarks are outlined below:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Learner and parent centred
Careers information is available via Landgate website and progress towards the Gatsby benchmarks is recorded on Compass.
Careers and transition will be a focus during annual reviews, parent progress evenings and through regular Class Dojo updates.